Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back Ache

Last Monday I worked, then was on the road for about 5 hours taking a friend to see another sick friend in a hospital about 100 miles away.

Tuesday afternoon, my back started to ache. By Tuesday evening I could hardly walk or stand. I didn't work on Wednesday. I treated it with ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and ice, and rest, and by Thursday was feeling much better. I worked Friday, but didn't lift my patient.

I FEEL all recovered today, but my hip is still very sore/painful when I get out of the car even after driving for just a few minutes. I hope this is not becoming a chronic problem!

I feel so bad for nurses (and anyone, for that matter!) who faces back pain every single day. Or any type of chronic pain, for that matter! It was very frustrating to me to have my everyday activities curtailed for even a few days . . . it would be very difficult to face that every day.

I received a very interesting business proposal last week. I'm praying about it and considering it from all angles. If I do take it, it would mean that within a few months I could quit my nursing job! I will continue to work at it at least several days a month in order to fulfil the requirements for keeping my license active , and keeping active with the company I now work for.

I didn't realize how much this job is getting me down, even just working a few days a week, until I seriously considered the prospect of possibly being able to, for the most part, quit.

No comments: