Friday, July 18, 2008

Back Again

My back recovered fairly quickly . . . I did the exercises the Physical Therapist had showed me last time I hurt my back, and then did something I never thought I'd do--went to a Chiropractor. I would NEVER go to a chiro who said he/she could cure cancer, asthma, heart disease, etc . . . but this didn't make any of those ridiculous claims. He showed me a good stretch (that I did for at least a few days!) and then did an adjustment. I didn't feel better instantly, but felt better each day after that. I haven't been back, but the insurance statement just came and insurance did cover 80% of the visit, so I won't be afraid to go back!

I also went for yet another follow-up pap smear this week. In about Jan. of 2007 I had one come back with ASCUS changes. The next one, 6 months later, was OK . . . but the one in December of 2007 again showed changes. Toward the end of December I went to a GYN for a colposcopy and biopsy. That was ONE UNCOMFORTABLE PROCEDURE! At the end he put some cream on my cervix, saying it was mustard-like . . . I almost asked him if it was honey-dijon or spicy, but restrained myself because I hadn't seen him before.

The biopsies came back with some changes, but no further procedures needed at that time. I was supposed to have a follow-up pap this month, which I just did. I just hate this whole thing . . . I did not used to dread my yearly check up, but I sure did this last one. I "knew" when I had the one last Jan., and last Dec., that they were going to come back "not good." I just hate to have whatever trouble it could potentially be, brewing inside. If this pap comes back with more changes, I want to have a hysterectomy and get it over with! I'm not going to use those organs any more anyway.

I do not want to go thru more procedures; the next one would be the LEEP, which is basically cutting off part of the cervix with a hot/electrified wire. The doctor said it wouldn't hurt as first they'd anesthesize my cervix BY INJECTING A PAIN KILLER INTO IT!!! YIKES! No needle is going to go into my cervix if I can help it!

And . . . if I DO have to have another procedure like that, I'm taking my husband along and making him watch! Men (at least in my life) can be sooooo wimpy about their pain . . . I might get a bit of sympathy if he has to watch what happens during one of those kinds of procedures (evil giggle).

No comments: