Sunday, August 24, 2008

Allergies

It seems to be a really bad year here for allergies--hayfever and environmental allergies. I always have some level of hayfever, but usually nothing that isn't helped by a Zyrtec and maybe some Tylenol for a sinus headache.

This year, however, has been terrible! The Zyrtec doesn't seem to help, and I"m getting lots of sinus headaches despite OTC meds. I hate to be continually taking something or other! And I try very hard not to overmedicate myself, but when I need an antihistamine, decongestant, and something for headache pain, a combination med seems to be the only answer.

Last week I had a headache for several days. It was fairly low intensity, but not going away completely no matter how much stuff I took. In the early hours of Wed. I woke up and it had escalated into a migrane. I ate a little bit (was very nauseated) and took some Tylenol with Codeine, hoping it would kick in and I could work. I woke up and was still very nauseated, but ate and thought I'd be OK to work . . . unfortunately after a little while at work the room was spinning and it was clear I wouldn't be able to stay! SL's mom was nice about it, thankfully . . .

I threw up as soon as I got home and slept on and off through what was almost the worst headache in my life. I was way too nauseated to eat anything, so I could TAKE anything for it . . . finally I remembered an anti-nausea suppository that my daughter had left from a prescription, and thankfully that relieved the nausea, so I could eat, so I could take something for the headache.

I probably need to go to the doctor again, but I really, really don't want to . . . but that's another post!

No comments: