Sunday, August 24, 2008

New Doctor?

Don't get me wrong, I really, really like my doctor. He delivered both of our children, and has been our family doctor for more than 17 years.

But.

The office staff is rude.

I've had a run in or two with his nurses. I don't like their attitudes.

It's a minimum of 30 minutes waiting in the waiting room every time we go, scheduled way ahead or scheduled that day.

There is a minimum 20 minute wait in the exam room, to see the doctor.

If I call in with a question, I NEVER, EVER get to talk to a nurse . . . so it's another wait of at least an hour (many times all day) to hear back.

The doctor is a GP, and I'm not confident he can answer my questions and discuss the issues I'm facing as I get more "mature."

But I hate, hate hate the thought of looking for another doctor! What if I have a longer wait? What if I don't like him (or her) any better? What if the office staff is more rude? I know I"m getting good care from my doctor, I just do not like having to plan a minimum of 2 hrs. for even what should be a short, routine visit. I"m comfortable with him . . . he knows my physical history, and my own personal neurosis. It's a small town, so I don't have a lot of options unless I go out of town. I just don't know.

No comments: